Monday, November 1, 2010

Study Reveals Schizophrenia a Problem in Low Sector Space

After a month in Low Security space, the staff psychologists employed by Genetisystems Elite Psychiatric wing have observed that schizophrenia is highly common in low security space.

"We have a yellow star," reads the corporate biography of the Yellow Star Corporation. "All members need to be me or an alt of me. Please apply to me if you're me and want to join."

"I swear you cannot go 2 AU without tripping over someone who thinks they are someone else...at the same time," explains Sturm Wellington, part-time psychologist. "People are crazy out here, but it is lonely."

"I wish I had an imaginary friend myself," he added.

Concord has long been accused of looking the other way when it comes to rampant schizophrenia, multiple personalities, and what's commonly referred to as "alt syndrome" out in the belts.

"I must admit to...suffering from slight 'alt syndrome' myself," said Stetin, Director of Genetisystems. "I checked in at my local station's medical bay. Not only did they say it was okay, but they encouraged me to get an alt."

"Some days I think Concord just doesn't care about enforcing the law."

It is yet to be seen whether 'alt syndrome' will have a negative impact on New Eden or its inhabitants.

6 comments:

  1. Allya ModraneNovember 01, 2010

    I also heard a rumor the Yellow Star Corporation employs a spy intent on corporate espionage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo not krazy or skizofrenik.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes you are, Ishannar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not! I knew it, you're the spy Allya was talking about. Go join these buffoons of Genetisystems if you're so enamoured with them! Everyone is against me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for Ishannar's conduct, people, I'll have a talk with him. Of course I AM interested to hear about this spy we are employing though, since I haven't heard from him in ages while his wages just keep getting paid...

    ReplyDelete