Monday, July 19, 2010

Wormhole Raid Leaves Lone Survivor to Enjoy Loot

After a successful raid into ancient sleeper territory in a wormhole out of Arvasaras, disaster struck a small squadron of Genetisystem's elite Exploration Airwing.


"It was a bloodbath," said Sturm Wellington, scout and lone survivor. "If it weren't for all this money I no longer need to share with anyone else, I would have no way to wipe away these tears."

The operation, which began as a calculated foray into sleeper territory for ancient technology, met disaster early.

"Aliso Keppo's Manticore was shredded within seconds of insertion," explained Wellington. "Frankly, I'm surprised the rest of the fleet survived the fumes put out by Stetin's hulk."


After a tense, sustained firefight, the remnants of the squadron prepared to exit wormhole space to return to high security, when the exit Wormhole collapsed.

"Stetin seems to have this perverse...urge...to collapse every wormhole he sees," said Allya Modrane, CEO of Genetisystems. "He's like an Arvasaran bull in a Jitan China closet."


"What's China?" asked Stetin.

Unscathed due to the skilled application of a cloaking device, Sturm Wellington discovered another exit wormhole and led the squadron deep into low security Amarr space. Isolated through six jumps, the squadron seemed destined for safety in high security space.

"Two jumps from high sec, we hit a gate camp," said Ranger McFriendly. "Allya was grabbed pretty quickly while Stetin and I tried to fight."

"Sturm scattered like a cockroach."

"Sure I ran," said Sturm Wellington. "But if I hadn't, and by that I mean we, wouldn't have earned all this ISK."


Allya Modrane's Drake was quickly destroyed by the pirates at the gate. Stetin's Maelstrom and Ranger McFriendly's Drake were destroyed in the following system. 

"It could have been worse," said Sturm Wellington. "I could have been destroyed too."

All photos taken by Stetin.

2 comments:

  1. Allya Modrane, CEO, GenetisystemsJuly 19, 2010

    Quite frankly, I'm getting suspicious of Stetin. Last time we ended up in Gallente space being chased by the cops for several systems. This time we ended up in a straight path route to a gate camp.

    And just the other day when we were running missions, he attacked me! Oh, he claimed it was an accident, that he just got confused by his shield repair drones targeting me. But I'm starting to wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm not on trial here! It's not like I'm getting kickbacks from Amarrian pirates in exchange for selling our fleet logistics data! What gave you that idea?

    I am outraged!

    If anything, it's probably one of you guys who's selling secrets to xxPo3tanKxx. I should probably be worried for MY life!

    ReplyDelete